Accounting Advisory Services
Accounting Advisory Services
Financial Reporting Services
- Financial statement preparation [including footnotes and management discussion & analysis (“MD&A”)]
- Peer company disclosure benchmarking
- Management & Board reporting packages
Technical Accounting Services
Technical Accounting Matters such as:
- New accounting standards (e.g., ASC 606, Revenue from Contracts with Customers, ASC 842, Leases, etc.)
- Share-based compensation
- Goodwill/Intangible impairment
- Earnings per share
- Variable interest entities
- Regulation S-X (e.g., assessing “significance” of acquisitions, Rule 3-05 financial statements, pro forma financial statements)
- Regulation S-K (nonfinancial information such as MD&A)
- Transaction accounting (e.g., business combination, common control assessments, purchase price accounting)
- Footnote disclosures
Foley Business Advisory has extensive experience with processes and controls. We are equipped to assist your business identify and establish key processes and controls. Assistance includes formally documenting the processes/controls as well as refining and enhancing processes/controls previously established to help maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
Department Design Assessments
Has your Finance/Accounting Department experienced turnover and are critical items not being completed timely, or left undone entirely?
Has your organization recently grown but your Finance/Accounting Department isn’t keeping up?
Foley Business Advisory can assist you in assessing your ideal future-state Finance/Accounting Department based on your respective challenges, budget, and other factors.
System Assessments & Implementation Assistance
Does your accounting system seem inefficient or outdated?
Do you wish your accounting system could yield additional, more meaningful, reports and data?
Foley Business Advisory can assist you in assessing the current challenges/shortfalls with your accounting software. We can:
- Gain an understanding of what you’d like to see differently.
- Shop different software vendors to help you find a future-state solution that is the best for you.
- We can help you assess the data requirements needed for a potential software conversion and what requirements already exist in your current system vs. which requirements will need to be created.
- If a new system is selected, we can work with IT specialists and assist in the configuration and system implementation of a new accounting engine to help ensure that your future-system will yield your desired results.
Day-To-Day Accounting Support
Tax & Other Professional Liaison Support
Although Foley Business Advisory understands many tax implications at a high-level, we are not tax experts. However, that doesn’t mean that we can’t help on various tax matters. Foley Business Advisory has a vast network of contacts at CPA firms that specialize in complicated tax matters. We can serve as a liaison to help get you to the right answer/solution based on your facts and circumstances.
Similarly, Foley Business Advisory can also assist you in discussing finance/accounting matters with legal and other business professionals.